South Hills Chrysler Jeep Kia is proud to announce that South Hills Kia’s Service Department has been honored on a National Level. Based upon Customer Satisfactions Scores attributed to fixing a problem in one visit and overall customer satisfaction, South Hills Kia is in the TOP 15 service departments nationally. New Service Director, Bill Winter, credits this accomplishment to the hard work of Kia Service Writers, Dave Sautel and Matt Shoemaker as well as the hard working Kia Technicians. “We are very proud of this distinction” say Bill, “it is a reflection of the hard work that our staff puts in everyday.”
Safety is a top priority at Kia. Not only does every new Kia come with the industry-leading Kia 10 year/100,000 warranty program, but several models have also been named Top Safety Picks by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety including the Optima, Soul and Sorento. In addition to their commitment to provide the safest vehicles, Kia wants to provide information and tips to ensure every drivers safety. With this in mind, Kia BUZZ, Kia’s official corporate blog, recently provided seven tips to safe driving in the rain.
1. Stay near the middle lanes: Water tends to collect on the side of the road, and it’s important to avoid puddles and large pools of water since they can cause a loss of steering or braking control when they prevent direct contact between tires and the road. This is called hydroplaning or aquaplaning.
2. Let the car in front work for you: The car in front of you is displacing and pushing water away and creating a better driving surface for you. Try to use it by keeping your steering and tires aligned with the car in front of you while maintaining a safe distance.
3. Don’t use cruise control: Braking on wet roads requires your full attention and cruise control can slow your reaction time to brake and accelerate.
4. Listen to the rain like a mindful ninja: Listening to the rain hitting your car helps develop a better sense of the weather, so you can drive accordingly. It can also be kind of soothing and relaxing. It’s OK to listen to traffic and weather reports or play some music to brighten up a rainy day, but make sure it’s not too loud.
5. Avoid driving near busses and trucks: Big vehicles make big splashes that can hit your windshield and momentarily block your sight, so try not to drive close to them.
6. Test and dry your brakes: Wet brake pads have less power. If you drove over a deep puddle, keep testing your brakes by stepping on and off them to help dry the pads.
7. Don’t slam on the brakes: If your car is hydroplaning or slipping, don’t step on the brakes abruptly to stop your slipping vehicle. This can potentially make your car spin even more. Grip your steering wheel firmly and slow down little by little until your car is under control again.
Driving in the rain can be a challenge, but following these simple tips will help drivers reduce accidents and reach their destinations more safely.
To learn more about safe driving, or to schedule a maintenance appointment to ensure your vehicle is in top working order, contact South Hills Chrysler Jeep Kia!
The 2012 Kia Sorento has been named one of the 10 Best Family Cars of 2012 by Kelley Blue Book. Taking into consideration safety, comfort, family-friendliness, consumer ratings and cost of ownership, KBB has compiled the best options to fit any family’s needs.
Highlighted by its impressive fuel-economy, the 2012 Kia Sorento is praised for its affordable price, voice-controlled infotainment system, and panoramic moonroof. The Sorento’s notable qualities don’t stop there though, as reviewers are impressed by the SUV’s car-like handling and powerful engine options as well as numerous standard features and comfortable interior.
Available with either a 175 horsepower 2.4-liter DOHC 4-cylinder engine or a 276 horsepower 3.5-liter DOHC V6 engine, the 2012 Sorento provides up to an estimated 32 mpg highway. Features include push button start, Bluetooth®, heated leather seats, navigation and UVO Powered by Microsoft® Infotainment system with rear camera display.
The Sorento was also named a Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety receiving the highest score in front, side, rollover, and rear strength tests. Standard safety features include electronic stability control, brake assist, traction control, hill assist, downhill brake control, and advanced airbags.
To learn more about the 2012 Kia Sorento, or to take a test drive, contact South Hills Chrysler Jeep Kia or stop by their Pittsburgh area dealership!
Kelley Blue Book has released their 10 Most Fuel-Efficient SUVs and Crossovers, with the 2012 Jeep Patriot making the list. Taking into consideration the most fuel-efficient utility vehicles in overall combined fuel economy, according to the EPA, the Jeep Patriot comes in with a combined 25 mpg or 23/29 mpg city/highway.
With its brand-centric styling and off-road capabilities, the 2012 Patriot brings Jeep tradition to the compact SUV market while providing the car-like handling and affordability characterized by most crossovers. This combination gives drivers one of the most comfortable driving experiences available in an off-road SUV.
Highlighted by Jeep’s classic, rugged styling, the Patriot is available as either a 2×4 or 4×4 with a 2.4L DOHC 16V dVVT I-4 engine producing 172 horsepower. Features include premium cloth or leather-trimmed bucket seats, fog lamps, power heated fold-away mirrors, remote keyless entry and Uconnect™.
The Jeep Patriot also received a 2012 Top Safety Pick rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety receiving the highest score in front, side, rollover, and rear strength tests. Standard safety features on the Patriot include electronic stability control, electronic roll mitigation, hill start assist, antilock 4-wheel disc brakes, and advanced multistage airbags.
For more information on the 2012 Jeep Patriot, or to take a test drive, stop by South Hills Chrysler Jeep Kia today!
South Hills Chrysler Jeep Kia is very excited to introduce our new Service Director, Bill Winter.
Our service department is moving into the future and Bill is leading the way. A recent graduate of NADA Dealer Academy, Bill has a strong background in Customer Service from his time with Walt Disney World Resorts. Bill has also worked in many roles throughout the dealership since he started over 10 years ago, but this new dad has found his home in our growing Service Department. Bill’s positive attitude and customer-focused approach make trips to service your vehicle more enjoyable.
The South Hills Chrysler Jeep Kia Service Department performs routine maintenance and repairs, such as oil changes and tire rotations, on all cars, trucks, minivans and SUVs. We also now offer no appointment oil changes in addition to our free shuttle service, Wi-Fi, complimentary coffee and updated waiting room. Customer satisfaction is our number one goal and both Bill and the Service Department staff look forward to assisting our customers with their service needs.